The Techne Prime Elite PCR thermal cycler supports effective cycling with a fast temp...
Integrity 10 for Drug Discovery and Research
Category: Reactor Systems | Bioreactors | Heating and Stirring | 20/07/2012 - 08:04:57
Bibby Scientific offer a free trial of the Integrity 10 reaction station allowing researchers to try out the system for themselves.
Drug Solubility and Crystallisation
The STEM Integrity 10 is highly popular as a tool for drug solubility and crystallisation research and has been adopted by the great majority of the top 20 pharmaceutical organisations.
The Integrity 10 reaction station supports up to ten experiments running side by side with separate, finely controlled stirring rates and temperatures for each position and temperatures between 150ºC and -30ºC.
The STEM Integrity 10 also:
- Tracks progress for each reaction site via an easy-to-use touchscreen panel
- Can be left to operate autonomously allowing it to work overnight or while operators are working elsewhere.
- Can improve laboratory productivity by up to a factor of 20, performing ten experiments concurrently 24 hours a day.
- Facilitates Lean Laboratory operations
- Fits onto a trolley for improved portability
- Records data autonomously
The Integrity 10 assures users of exceptional accuracy in temperature, stable to ±0.2ºC and a setpoint overset of just 0.1ºC. Temperature regulation may be performed via the heating block, or via a temperature probe in each cell. Precise temperatures between -30 and 50ºC can be sustained, with accurate temperature profiles for each reaction site, while magnetic stirrers offer stirring rates of 350rpm to 1200rpm.
The STEM Integrity 10 can be supplied in a choice of formats according to individual requirements:
- The reaction block can be supplied as a standalone product.
- It can be supplied as a full Clarity system with equipment and software for measuring drug solubility and crystallisation.
The STEM Integrity 10 is an advanced laboratory instrument, but it is designed for easy, intuitive operation either independently, or as a component of the Clarity System. The reaction station can be operated with no formal training and can be used "out of the box" within 10 minutes of unpacking. The system features an integrated microprocessor operated via the intuitive 14.5cm touchscreen controls, making it easy to operate, and displaying reaction parameters for immediate verification at any time.
Users can monitor reaction progress for each cell straight from the touchscreen display allowing trend analysis to be carried out without requiring a laptop connection. Data may also be downloaded as required via a USB connection to a storage device, PC or SD card. The straightforward touchscreen menu features clear icons and outstanding ease of use to reduce the danger of expensive errors. Profiles can be configured in advance for routine measurements, and the system can be overridden manually by adding ramps and 'set points' as needed for specific experiments.
Lean Lab Working
The Integrity 10 enables independent control of stirring rates and temperatures at each of the ten reaction positions. This allows Lean Lab working for a number of operators:
- Separate experiments may be performed simultaneously for a 10-fold increase in throughput
- The ecologically friendly Integrity 10 uses a precise energy input and each cell is pre-programmed to shut down autonomously when it is no longer needed.
- The system has a small footprint (roughly equivalent to that of a shoebox) allowing it to be carried on a trolley for easy transport between labs, or operated in a lab bench fume hood.
- Data is recorded and displayed automatically so the system can operate autonomously 24 hours a day. It could be set working at the end of a day and the recorded and plotted results could be retrieved the following morning.
Fully Automated Operation
The Integrity 10 features flexible control options, operated either remotely, by a connected PC or by the integrated touchscreen via a built-in microprocessor. It can therefore be integrated into any robotic platform for fully automated operation. Multiple Integrity 10 reaction stations can be combined for mass sampling as required.
The Integrity 10 has completely encapsulated reaction cells, protecting against ingress of moisture. This ensures minimum maintenance needs. Repairs can generally be carried out with a screwdriver in a couple of minutes. The Integrity 10 has a cool-to-touch outer casing for safe operation by a number of users.
Integrity 10 Trial Offer
The STEM Integrity 10 is a powerful tool for crystallisation studies. It minimises time, power usage and bench space and, with working volumes between just 2 and 25ml, it helps to save on reagents, too. To prove the effectiveness of the Integrity 10, Bibby scientific offer a free trial (subject to meeting loan criteria). Visit Electrothermal Engineering for more information or contact Bibby Scientific today.